Thursday, August 2, 2012

Recap (Mom & Syd visit Chicago edition)

My mom and sister were in Chicago visiting for a week.  We covered all the touristy bases. 

Snacks on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building.


Snapped photos at Cloud Gate (aka the bean)



Strolled around the Lincoln Park Zoo. (Fun AND free = win)


Shopped in my favorite areas.

Lunched at Grahamwich.


House-browsed in the Gold Coast. 

Took a boat tour on the river and along Lake Michigan.



Made my 2nd visit to The Doughnut Vault. (Even more delicious than I remembered)

Spent one Saturday morning at the Green City Market in Lincoln Park. Picked up local jams & spreads,     vegetables. (All while sipping the best fresh raspberry soda I've ever tasted). Spotted these gorgeous sunflowers as well


Went to the brand new City Target. 



Spent another Saturday at Randolph Street Market in the West Loop browsing antiques (affectionately referred to as "junk" by TG) and enjoying Jeni's salted caramel ice cream.
 
Enjoyed dinners at De Cero, Bar Toma, and Nightwood



There's really nothing like summer in Chicago.  I had such a good time showing them around the city I have come to love so much.  We did, saw, and ate a lot.  Quite frankly, I'm still recovering from all of the packed days they were here. 

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! :) You definitely covered all your bases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun! I want to try all of those restaurants, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun trip...I need to plan a visit to chi-town! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever commented before, but I'm also a Chicago blogger. I have not had dinner at any of those restaurants, but judging by that salsa sample, I'm going to be headin' to de cero very soon. Your blog looks great, p.s.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had a great time! Chicago is amazing all year, but especially in the summer. I need to hit up that city Target!

    Chris
    chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics! Looks like you had an amazing time :)

    xx

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the necklace! Just discovered your blog and can't wait to read more! I'd love if you'd follow me back..I'm hosting an iPhone case giveaway currently!

    ReplyDelete