Thursday, September 27, 2012

Trenchermen and a Thundershirt on a Thursday

Last night's dinner at the Trenchermen was pretty good. I ordered the Hairy Buffalo (weird, I know) cocktail and it was delish. It was carbonated tequila, watermelon, and some kind of spicy-ness.  I really wanted another one but didn't want to be the only lush at our table.  For dinner, I had the heirloom tomato dish (heirloom tomatoes, pickled peppers, white balsamic ice cream, herbs, apricot pits). It was really interesting and I love love loved the ice cream, but I probably wouldn't order it again.  I ordered the pork belly (pork belly, bubble gum, early apples, green beans, coconut) as my entree.  It was such a great dish with tons of unique flavors. (I mean, hello, bubble gum.)  The restaurant itself is really cool and filled with quirky decor that reminds me a little of Harry Potter.  Think oversized test tube shaped terrariums, lights made of pipes, and a wall of drawers labeled things like cannabis, sparkles, van gogh's ear, etc.  I'm thinking I'll have to make another trip with TG so he can try it.

Alas, I am not getting to go to the Ryder Cup with TG this weekend. His work has tent tickets and he couldn't find an extra.

I was a little sad until I remembered that I will have our condo all to myself all day Saturday. I'm planning the perfect saturday. I'm thinking I will workout, have a grande coffee, shop a little, and then spend the rest of the day with the couch and my furry friends.  I will also be watching all of my DVR'd shows without judgment or commentary from a certain mister. (Although, I must admit, TG is usually a good sport while I watch my shows and on Monday he even commented about how crazy Ramona is.)

Speaking of furry friends, Chip is the proud new owner of a Thundershirt. I keep calling it a thundercoat for some reason and TG keeps correcting me that it is, indeed, a shirt. Pot-ay-to-Pa-tah-to.

After receiving a very mean note from our neighbor about his barking during the day, we have resorted to the thundershirt. I read on amazon that it helps so we shall see.  What's really weird is that this woman obviously wrote a raging note but I've seen her twice since then and she acts like nothing happened.  She smiles and says hello.

Chip doesn't bark all day long, but does bark when someone walks down the hall.  The crazy part is that her dog barks even more frequently than Chip.  (It is worth noting that Barkley, despite his name, only barks 2 or 3 times per year.) We also have a collar on Chip that vibrates when he starts to bark which is supposed to deter barking.   Do you guys have any tips for combating the barking issue?

2 comments:

  1. I cant believe your neighbor complained. So not cool. Hopefully his new gear works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works. Mean neighbor notes are the worst.

    ReplyDelete