Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Mish-Mash

I'm so excited for this weekend. TG's sweet mom gets into Chicago this evening.  We don't really have set plans except for a dinner tonight at Ada St.  I'm always on board to try a new restaurant. 

Can I be totally selfish for a second?

I applied for a job that I really (really) want. If you could spare some prayers, good vibes, & happy thoughts on my behalf, I'd really appreciate it! 

I've gotten a few e-mails about Chicago restaurant recommendations and ideas for fun stuff to do in the city.  I'm working on a few different Chicago-related posts that will be up in the near future.  I haven't forgotten : ) Blogging has just taken a back burner the past couple months while I actually juggle real-life.  

I voted yesterday.  I'm so ready for the election to be over.  I'd much rather see the details of weddings, pregnancy news, and what someone ate for dinner than see another political piece of nonsense on my Facebook feed.  Keep it light, you know?  

I think we're going to have a few people over on election night.  In other words, I saw lots of red, white, and blue food on Pinterest and wanted an excuse to make some. 



How adorable are those cake pops? They look pretty challenging though so I probably will stick to the cupcakes!
images via one, two, three 

4 comments:

  1. I finally found you! Your blog is so prof! I am loving reading it. I (without even knowing) picked the Romney paper cup at 7-11 yesterday while volunteering in Wicker Park and received some very dirty looks...definitely agree with your "can't wait until it is over" sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good vibes being sent your way! Hope you get the job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the 4th of July when you need it ;)

    Such cute ideas! Love the blog too -

    Would you want to follow eachother?

    www.lindseymphotography.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the idea of an election night party! But I'm with you...I'll be glad when the election is over and we can return to normal commercials!!

    ReplyDelete