Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Weekend Update

This past weekend was one of the best.  TG's dad ended up having an extra Ryder Cup ticket after all.  We headed out of the city to Medinah Country Club early on Saturday morning. 

I decided I've been watching golf all wrong all of these years. Tent passes are the way to go--yummy food and free booze? Sign me up! The weather was absolutely perfect (around 75 degrees with a breeze).  I spent the day drinking mimosas and following some of my favorite golfers around from hole to hole. 




(Upclose with the master cheater golfer himself)

I have to admit, I couldn't help but wish my Dad was there too. I played golf growing up and he was always my biggest cheerleader.  I really want to start playing again but life (looking at you, grad school & cold Chicago fall/winter) keeps getting in the way. I'm going to have to work on changing that.  I called him later and spilled all the details of watching my favorites (Rory, Webb, and Bubba). 

Sunday was pretty standard: cleaning and errands.  It was a friend's birthday so we went back to Girl and the Goat for a fun dinner.  I think our second visit was even better than our first.  The only repeat dish we got was the ever-popular Pig Face.  If you're ever in Chicago, go to Girl and the Goat! You definitely have to make a reservation 3-4 months in advance though as it stays booked.


(Pork, why can't I quit you?)

All in all, a pretty solid weekend if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am obsessed with your scarf!! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend. The photos are so cute! :) And yum to Girl & The Goat. I haven't been in forever. I think it may be time to go again.

    ReplyDelete