Thursday, November 8, 2012

Closet confessions

I have a really tough time dressing myself in the winter.  (Seriously, I have such respect for fashion bloggers who pull together different and gorgeous outfits together every single day.)  I live in the J.Crew minnie pants.  No joke, I have 5 pairs. Pants and bottoms aren't really the problem though.  I feel like my closet is seriously lacking in the winter tops department.  And I'm finding that the older I get, the more versatile I need my clothing to be.  You know, things for everyday.  In a perfect world, I would just buy equipment silk button downs in every color of the rainbow and call it a day. But that is not my world so I'm thinking a few of these my need to come live with me.






one: J.Crew classic popover
two: J.Crew gingham button-down (always need more gingham)
three: J.Crew tissue turtleneck
four: Splendid always shirting pocket tunic

I recently bought these Frye boots so I'm kind of living in them.  So comfy and they have a bit of a heel that my 5'1 self needs.

I wanted a more casual pair of booties for the fall/winter so I got these as well. I got them on sale for like $60 and really love them with skinny pants.
What are your everyday go-tos?

2 comments:

  1. Since I live in the burbs of Chicago, I feel you on dressing for the winter! Why can't we have fall forever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I LOVE J.Crew and that polka dot shirt is exactly why. So cute! Great pics!

    xo, Jenna

    http://jennacody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete