Monday, November 19, 2012

D.C. & a trip home

Whew. I feel like the past week and a half has been a marathon. Or what I'd imagine a marathon feels like.

I flew to D.C. and spent a week with my grad school cohort doing training and stuffs.  Luckily I was able to squeeze in a few nights of hanging out in Georgetown with my good friend, Katie.  We share a mutual love for margaritas and mexican food, so we went to Bandolero one night.  So necessary after long days of training and getting my learn on.

Katie and I lived together in college and her golden retriever, Bailey, is actually Barkley's half sister. They have the same Dad.  I insisted that Bailey put on her Halloween costume.

On Thursday afternoon I took the train from Union Station home to NC.  They had already started decorating for Christmas.

The ride was pretty and flew by thanks to a three-prong outlet by my seat which allowed for movie watching on my computer.  I watched Hysteria and The Lucky One.  Neither movie was particularly life-changing but kept me entertained. Word to the wise: Hysteria is not a movie you want to watch when you have a male seat-partner...or any seat partner really. The guy sitting next to me probably thought I was a weirdo.

The weekend was spent visiting my family in NC. My sweet Grandmama Louise went ahead and made Thanksgiving dinner early so I could partake.  Of course, it was nothing short of delicious.  She's kind of the best.  She puts Paula Deen to shame.

I also received a special delivery from a sweet boy while I was home.

Of course, I also visited my mom's parents which is always entertaining. The older they get, the more hilarious they are. My grandma spoiled me with a piece of l'objet for my collection of grown-up stuff.

It was a short trip but made me crave the upcoming Christmas season. I can't wait to be home for a whole week.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment