Thursday, January 31, 2013

Brain Dump

I'm finally getting around to this little blog again.
I spent the entire weekend and Monday in bed with the flu.
On account of my sickness, we had to cancel dinner reservations at The Carriage House. Boo.
Luckily I had 2 seasons of Parenthood, lots of green tea, and plenty puppy snuggles.
And a very sweet boy to keep me company.
I tend to be a little on the dramatic side when I'm sick but, TG was a good (and patient) nurse.
He kept my cup full. (I love Sprite Zero when I'm sick--Aspertame be damned!)
He made CVS runs (3 kinds of medicine, the aforementioned Sprites, Vitamin Waters, & Chicken Noodle Soup, crackers...)
That romantic roommate of mine was on point.

Also,
Parenthood is definitely the most underrated show on television. So good!
We're planning to start watching Homeland soon since most everyone raves about it.  I'm also curious about The Newsroom. Am I missing any other must sees?

Have you seen the Vine app? I can't decide if it's fun or a little creepy.

We've had really yucky weather in Chicago lately.
0 degrees with a -12 degree wind chill...rain....snow...dreary...repeat. No fun.

Living in the South my whole life, I definitely took the warm days sprinkled throughout the winter months for granted. If you live in Chicago in January and February, you kind of survive on the hopes of sunny days, street festivals, and al fresco dining.

I'm already looking forward to some upcoming trips (and warmer temperatures) we have planned.
TG and I have a Mexico trip coming up in March.
Almost immediately after that, I'll be heading down to Charleston, SC with some girlfriends for Katie's bachelorette party.  So much fun in store.

How do you beat the winter blues?

4 comments:

  1. Homeland will not disappoint, ps. they film in charlotte. You should also be watching Girls if you aren't already. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very interested in Parenthood but I never SEE or HEAR about it, except for blogs, facebook posts, and eavesdropping on conversations. I don't even know when it comes on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. The PR for it seems really poor. I rarely see commercials for it. In fact, I'm not even sure of what time/day it actually comes on! You should definitely watch it on Netflix from the beginning though : )

      Delete