Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas, New Year's Eve, and in between!

The past couple of weeks really flew by.  The holiday season always seems like a whirlwind to me.  Before heading to North Carolina, TG and I went to Next for dinner.  His parents gave us tickets as part of our Christmas present.  This menu was Kyoto. While I thought it was good, I have to admit that I liked the Sicily menu more.  My flight wasn't until late Saturday night so Saturday was spent doing last minute shopping around Chicago. (read: fighting through crowds of tourists on Michigan Avenue).

There really isn't a better feeling than when my plane touches down in NC.  I get so excited that I usually can't sleep on the way there.  How ridiculous is that? 25 years old and I still get overly excited to see my Mom.

One of my best friends from home, Amy, picked me up from the airport just after midnight so we could have a sleepover.

My time in NC is always far too short...but some fun times were had.

In matching pajamas


Sister time and some seriously good food (per usual) at Grandma Louise's. 


Snuggles with Ritz. 

 

Before leaving NC, I squeezed in time with some of my favorite friends. 





New Year's Eve was spent up in Wisconsin at the lake house with plenty of snow...


...and plenty of champagne.


Unfortunately, by midnight we had already changed into comfy clothes.


I hope your Christmas was filled with family, friends, and as much love as mine was.  Happy New Year! 

4 comments:

  1. My sister and I got the same pajamas from Target. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pajamas! I have tried to find them without success. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! love your holiday inspirations and it looks like you had a great time with friends & family. Have a great week, toodles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way about going home to see my mom and I'm married! Some things never change! :)

    Love your blog and can't wait to follow along!

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete