Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mexico, Charleston, & Springtime!

Hi friends! I have been bad about blogging lately. I've been crazy busy.

Let's recap, shall we?

A week after TG and I got engaged, I got bad news about the internship site I had secured back in December.  They backed out of working with all of their interns for the upcoming summer due to "transitions within the organization".  So, I was in a pickle and have been scurrying around trying to find an internship.  Again. It has been beyond frustrating.  I'm a planner and very type-A, so I don't love when plans change at the verylastsecond. Even though I have had to push back my internship start date, it looks like the new site (a hospital) will work out. Fingers Crossed! Prayers Up!

In March, we took our trip to Mexico for TG's Dad's 50th birthday celebration.  When we stepped out of the airport and into that warm air....I swear my soul was replenished.  Chicago winters are for the birds.  We had such a fun time spending time with family and friends.  Bonus points for the hotel pool/beach bar staff who made mean skinny girl margaritas. I read (The Family Fang), napped on beach chairs, and ate plenty of fish/shrimp tacos/ceviche.  TG's stepmom chartered a yacht for the day on Saturday which was fun.

More Mexico pictures to come...but iphone pictures for now.


Hopefully I don't look so...awkwardly positioned in the other pictures from the camera.


On the way back from Mexico, we were 2 of 7 people on the flight so everyone sat in business class. Win.

A few days after the Mexico trip, I ventured back down South to Charleston, SC for Katie's bachelorette party.  We rented a house on Isle of Palms.  We had such a great time together...complete with cake, party garland, and coozies.  We went out for dinner at Cypress (delish) and then out on the town on Friday night.  Saturday was rainy but we ventured out to Poe's Tavern for burgers.  Katie's maid of honor had some really hilarious games planned that included a video Q&A with the Groom/Jeopardy.




 Group shot minus Tess


Gray joined us during our bar crawl downtown. 



I flew into the charleston airport but decided to ride back with my friends to Raleigh and fly out of RDU.  This gave me the perfect window of time to visit with Amy & Joslyn.

I'm excited to stay put for a couple of weeks and enjoy Chicago as it welcomes spring...and hopefully some warmer temperatures.

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy lately. Once you have a free day or night. Let's make a plan lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you were in CHS!! I'm so glad you went to Cypress and Poe's. Cypress is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete