Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Katie's Wedding Weekend

One of my best friends, Katie, got married a couple weekends ago. Her wedding weekend was beyond gorgeous and just perfect. 

I headed down to Wilmington on Thursday and joined the other bridesmaids at Katie's parent's house.  It was so great that we were all able to stay together as we got ready for the big day. It made the weekend so much more relaxed and fun.  

The weekend was sort of a blur.  I kept thinking about how quick weddings go.  Months and months of planning boil down to like 6 hours.  I really want to be mindful of this on my own wedding day so that I can enjoy every moment to the fullest. 

Rehearsal dinner on the water at Bluewater Grill. 


Getting ready at Blush salon before the ceremony


Bridesmaids


Trolley ride to the ceremony


Bridesmaids post-ceremony


Katie was absolutely stunning, duh.


I snapped this shop as we were getting ready before the ceremony. Love the look on her mom's face!


The reception was held at the Surf Club at Wrightsville Beach.  Plenty of dancing, good food, a Pinterest worthy cake, plus color coordinated macaroons. Such a fun wedding weekend. It was pretty perfect! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a perfect wedding! You and the bride were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore BlueWater! Beautiful pictures and beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved sharing the most important weekend of my life with you! Now its your turn :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a gorgeous wedding! Love your blog!
    Congrats on being a bride-to-be! I found you through the SW Bride Bloggers page... I was a former SW Bride myself!
    Enjoy every moment of planning for your big day!
    Warmly,

    Madi

    http://madireid.com

    ReplyDelete